Tuesday, August 30, 2016

WOMAN FOR ALL SEASON : LEILA DE LIMA

                                               Image result for leila de lima

At the outcome, I must also say that we support many of President Rody Duterte’s initiatives, particularly the peace process, constitutional change, the economic reforms being presented, and the war against illegal drugs if pursued without human rights excesses.

I stand as a character witness to the public life Leila de Lima. Although I am not close to Leila personally, I have observed her conduct for many years now first as an election lawyer, and later as a official. I am not privy to her private life and her love life is not my concern.

I must also say that I have not always supported De Lima’s official acts, including the (GMA) case, the problems at the New Bilibid Prisonon muntinlupa, and the ongoing Senate hearings. But none of my criticisms is enough to overturn my judgment of Senator de Lima as a good public servant. She is, following Saint Thomas More, patron saint of lawyers and public officials, a woman for all seasons.